Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My not-so-good moment

'Green Tram, Kolkata'
Watercolor on Fabriano paper
21 x 14 inches

This was one of those moments where you go on working on the painting hoping that at the end everything would be all right but it doesn't happen! First, I messed up with the shadows! It looked very flat and dull so I just poured and poured water on it till it became light...worked on it again and lost interest after sometime but kept going on (At this stage, faith is very important... :))to complete it! At the end of the day, I had this result! Don't think much of it! What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. This is a nice work by any standards Ramesh. Though I do agree, when I compare it with your other works, the Zing is missing! But to tell you frankly, I would have been very happy if I could achieve this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Asit ji! You are very kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una composición original, me gusta, he visto obras magníficas en los post anteriores , enhorabuena.
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Sr. Francis! Realmente agradezco sus amables palabras.
      Saludos

      Delete
  4. I like this very very much, despite your disappintment. I do understand the challenge once things go wrong and you go through all the attempt to fix it. Yes it is about faith in your abilities toturn things around.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave,
      Thanks a lot for such positive words! Much appreciated :)
      Cheers

      Delete